Saturday 4 August 2012

Marmite Beer

We’ve made Marmite Beer! Speaking metaphorically of course!

If you remember, back in June we made a Citra-hopped American Pale Ale. It’s just coming up to being ready to drink, and my first impressions are extremely favourable. Not so Andy’s. He absolutely hates it.

On the aroma I get peach, apricot and melon. Not harsh and citrusy at all (unlike some Citra-based beers).

The flavour has a warm rich malty sweetness coupled with some sweet fruit like melon or mango. You are left with just the right amount of bitterness which is not harsh or resiny.

Of course Andy disagrees, which shows you just how subjective the world of beer tasting is. I’m not saying he’s wrong. But I do know who’s going to be drinking a lot of this barrel!

IMG_1012

PS I’m pleased to say the clarity is very acceptable. (Cf previous post).

PPS If you are interested in seeing the recipe for this or any other beers, leave a comment. I tend to leave recipes out because I assume that those people reading this are doing so out of mild interest, rather than any more detailed interest in brewing. If you are a home brewer and would like to see the recipes let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Would it be possible to send me a copy of the Marmite beer recipe as I would love to try it out.

    My email is nobleglenn7@gmail.com

    Regards

    Glenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glenn,
      Of course - but you do realise there's no Marmite in it don't you!?
      It's a Citra-hopped American Pale Ale: loved and hated by people in the same way as Marmite.
      http://cheshirepeaks.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/citra-american-pale-ale.html
      If you STILL want the recipe let me know!

      Delete