Monday 29 August 2011

Welcome to the Cheshire Peaks Brewery blog!

Welcome! I've set up this blog to record the various activities of the Cheshire Peaks Brewery, a home brewery based in, err, Cheshire in the UK funnily enough.

Before I start though, let me make one thing very clear: this is not a commercial brewery. We may have a nice name (well, we like it anyway) and maybe even some names for our beers, but this is a home brewery and our beers are not available to buy. I thought I'd better make that clear from the outset - don't want anyone chasing us for excise duty! If you want to taste our beers you'll have to know us personally. And be nice to us.

So as far as introductions go, that's about it really. Anything else that appears on this blog will be as the mood takes me. Today we've been brewing an experimental ale based on munich malt. Basically because we've not used it before and we want to get our heads round what it tastes like. If you're lucky I will write a post on how we made it and what it tastes like. If you're unlucky I'll write several posts about it!

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment