Tuesday 15 January 2013

Brew For A Day

Next Tuesday is another brew day for me, but not a Cheshire Peaks brew day. My wonderful wife has treated me to a “Brew For A Day” event at Wincle Beer Co. in Wincle near Macclesfield.

You can read more about the event on their web site here, but essentially it’s an opportunity to go along and fully participate in their brewing for a day, with lunch and beer thrown in.

Sounds great fun. When I spoke to Giles at the brewery, he told me that some people like to go along and enjoy it as a social day (have a drink, see the brewing, have some food and more drinks etc.) and some people like to get more “hands on” with the brewing process. I certainly fall into the latter category, and I fully expect to be carrying grain and digging out the mash tun (as well as the food and beer bit). No doubt I’ll bore them with hundreds of nerdy brewing questions as well (I got into a discussion about first wort hopping on the phone to Giles whilst we were sorting out a date!).

By the way, if you have not had beers from Wincle Brewery (and you live somewhere where you can get them) I strongly recommend them. They produce a wide range of really well-made classic English ales, plus a few other interesting seasonals such as a hefeweizen. Their bottled beers have a really strong and eye-catching branding on the label so you can’t miss them. Check out the web site.

Watch out for a future blog post on my experiences on Wincle Brew Day.

Photo: Wincle Brewing Co (funnily enough!)

No comments:

Post a Comment