Friday 11 July 2014

Wedding Commission–The Results

Regulars will remember that we recently took a commission to brew a barrel of beer for our neighbour’s son’s wedding. Well the big party was on Tuesday, and I can report that the beer went down extremely well. So well in fact, that it was all gone by 8.30pm! You can’t ask for better praise than that.

If you remember, we actually made two beers, and named them Vulcan and Buccaneer. Vulcan was a malty English bitter, whilst Buccaneer was a lighter bitter using American cascade hops.

To be brutally honest, the Buccaneer was a big disappointment. I think the hot weather affected the fermentation. It has a hot alcohol flavour, almost like pear drops. I was close to pouring it away, but it’s not quite that bad. But certainly for “office use only”.

So we were pinning our hopes on the Vulcan. I confess I was quite concerned about whether it would be OK, but as I have already said my fears were unfounded. It was a roaring success and everyone had a great evening.

I’ve actually taken another commission, for a friend’s 40th birthday party in September. I think maybe we should just re-brew the Vulcan!

Vulcan Pump Clip

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a great result! The only downside being that I'm guessing there's none left for a sampler next time we do "beer at Bill's" ? :o(

    (and I love the concept of beer "for office use only" !!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry - there's never a shortage of beer at CPHQ!

    ReplyDelete