Saturday 21 May 2016

Brewing Podcasts

I listen to a lot of podcasts. They keep me sane in my hours on the M6. A number of them are brewing podcasts and today I just discovered a fantastic new one: Experimental Homebrewing by Drew Beechum and Denny Conn. I’ve just listened to Episode 1, and the style, structure and delivery of the podcast is very mature given that it’s brand new. Most podcasts are a little “ropey” for their first episode, but not this one. It was clear and well delivered. And it’s pretty detailed homebrewing stuff – not just the basics or woolly answers.

Anyway, enough on that podcast. Since this got me thinking about brewing podcasts I thought I’d list out all the brewing podcasts I listen to, just for your interest. If brewing and podcasts are your thing, then see if any of them are new to you. And if there are any great brewing podcasts I am not aware of, please leave a comment.

All but one of these podcasts is US-based, which shows the extent of the homebrewing hobby across the pond. (Or podcasting. Or both.) I wish there were more here in the UK. Maybe I should start one? No, maybe not – I have enough difficulty finding time to write this blog!

Brew Strong

Brewing With Style

The Sour Hour

Basic Brewing Radio

The Beertalkers  This isn’t actually a brewing podcast. It’s a podcast about beer, but it’s the only one in this list with a UK focus, so worth a mention anyway. Unfortunately it has been disappointingly quiet for the last few months.

Experimental Homebrewing  I had to laugh in episode 1 where one of the presenters (can’t remember if it was Denny or Drew) was saying how much he hates Fuggles hops. He said “if I want my beer to taste of dirt there are much cheaper ways of doing it than using Fuggles”! Heresy!

P5217189

No comments:

Post a Comment